Hello Friend ...

Hello again.  Time for my second card of the day.  This one was created with 99% scraps.  I have a ton of 1/4", 1/2", 1", 2", ovals, etc. left over from making cards.  I always forget they're there.  So the Scrappy Saturday Challenge by Wee Memories reminded me that they may be scraps, but they're not garbage.  The only part of my card that was not "scrap" is the card base.




Inside of card.
The first scrap item I pulled out was the oval frame and corresponding backing in craft.  I then looked for colors to compliment the the colors in the oval frame. I laid them on the card base to see how it looked.  It needed something more.  So I created my own design paper on the card base using one of the flowers from Lawn Fawn's Petite Florals using various shades of green ink from Memento.  I then colored the two rows at the top and bottom with corresponding markers from Copic.  I layered the frame over the oval craft paper, and stamped the sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Hello Friend using the darkest green ink from Memento.  Layered the scraps with adhesive, attached the sentiment with 1/2" Glue Dots and walla it was done.  I then stamped another sentiment on the inside of the card, along with another flower with the last green color from the Memento 4-pack.

Products used ...
Stamps:  Lawn Fawn's Petite Florals and Hello Friend
Paper:  White cardstock, and scraps
Ink:  Memento Cottage Ivy, Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart and New Sprout,
and Copic Markers G17 (Forest Green) and G94 (Grayish Olive)
Tools:  Adhesive and 1/2" Glue Dots

Here’s to hoping that my design provides you with some inspiration to go forth and create!

To see my first post from today please go HERE, and don't forget to stop by on Sunday for the DeNami Design Beautiful Buttons Blog Hop.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is sooo pretty! Love the colours! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Wee Memories :)